Throughout the week, I learned to use technology in some new and interesting ways. The links below will bring you to the various activities I participated in during class. Enjoy!
A great introduction into who we are and where we come from:
Biopoem
An interesting way to introduce a new book and get students excited about what they are going to read!
Video Book Trailer
A useful collection of websites and my thoughts on them around technology in the classroom:
Annotated website evaluations
I created two graphic organizers to use throughout the year around inferencing.
Graphic Organizer 1
Graphic Organizer 2
The cumulating activity during the week was a lesson plan that integrated technology around an ELA subject. My students will be studying poetry, and I though, why not haiku? Interesting that I am using technology to introduce a subject around nature =):
Lesson Cover Page
Lesson Plan
I used many, many resources for my lesson plan. Below are links to all things I used!
BrainPop Poetry Intro
Poetry vs Prose graphic organizer
Haiku How to Video
Haiku Template (this is a link directly to the website)
Haiku template modified (this is a link to the modified version so a teacher an type on it)
Haiku teacher model
Haiku "meme"
Haiku Padlet or virtual bulletin board
Haiku Rubric
Below are links to some other fun activities we produced throughout the course of the week.
My Ideal Bookshelf
Dialog Poem
Reader's Theater Podcast
Me as a Wordle
No comments:
Post a Comment